Chole Bhature with punjabi chole is a popular one-dish meal all over India but more in Punjab. chhole bhature is a dish that initially originated in the northern part of the Indian subcontinent. It is generally eaten as a breakfast dish. It can also be a portion of street food.
In this article, we will discuss the recipe of Punjabi chole recipe, chole bhature and chana masala powder at home and you also get the answer of how to make chole bhature. Instead of searching for the best chole bhature near me, chhole bhature near me you can make Chola bhatura at home.
Health benefits of Chole is:
- Loaded with Nutrients.
- Plant-Based Proteins.
- Beneficial for Weight Management.
- supports blood sugar control.
- protect us from diabetes.
Apart from all these benefits, it also has the main benefit and that is It is a rich source of potassium and magnesium. Finally, Chole bhature is very good for health.
Chole bhature Ingredients:
- For Punjabi Chole:
- 1 cup chole/ chickpea soaked overnight
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 0.5 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder
- salt as per taste
- 0.5 tsp garam masala
- 2 cup of water
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 0.5 tsp chana masala powder
- For Bhatura:
- 2 cups of maida/ plain flour
- 1 tbsp Rava(Suzi)/ semolina
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 cup curd/yogurt
- 0.5 cup maida/ plain four for dusting
- oil for deep frying
Step by Step Procedure of Chole Bhature:
- For Punjabi chole:
- Take a cooker, and heat oil in it.
- Now, saute bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds till they turn aromatic.
- Add onion and ginger-garlic paste in it and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Now, add tomatoes and saute it till they start releasing oil.
- Further, add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, chana masala and salt. Saute it for a minute.
- Then, add soaked chickpea/chole. Followed by 2 cups of water.
- Further, give a good mix and check the seasoning.
- Pressure cooker for 7-8 whistles on medium flame.
- Then, allow the pressure to release by itself before the opening cooker.
- Mix well, and garnish with coriander leaves.
- For Bhature:
- Take a large mixing bowl, add maida, Rava, sugar, and salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix Well.
- Furthermore, add oil and rub with the flour.
- Also, add curd and start to knead the dough.
- Knead and punch the dough well for at least 5 minutes.
- Further, grease the dough with oil.
- Cover it with a moist cloth and rest for at least 2 hours.
- Further, roll and get to a long shape. Pinch the dough into medium-sized balls.
- then make balls between your palms.
- Finally, roll the dough evenly into circles using a rolling pin, roll neither too thin or thick.
- For frying Bhatura:
- Take a deep frying pan or Kadai and heat oil in it. When the oil is hot, add one bhatura.
- And, press with the spoon to puff up.
- Also, once they begin to puff, splash oil over it till they puff completely.
- Flip and fry the bhatura till golden brown all over.
- Then drain it into tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Fry all bhatura the same way.
Channel Name: Hebbars Kitchen
Homemade chana masala powder is best instead of market masala because its pure, free and made with love. You can use this powder as chole masala powder, Kala chana masala, chole chana, black chana masala in authentic Punjabi chole recipe and in dry chana or in any chole or chana recipe.
Now, start Recipe with step by step procedures.
Chana Masala Powder Ingredients
- 1 tbsp Dry Pomegranate Seeds (Anardana)
- 3 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Cardamom seeds
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 0.5 tsp Cloves
- 3-5 pieces Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Black salt
Step by Step Procedure:
- Take a pan and Roast pomegranate seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Let them cool down.
- Mix all the masala in a plate and put them in a grinder.
- Grind all the masala well into powdered form.
- Chana Masala powder is ready.
- Store it in an air-tight container and use.