Masala Dosa Recipe is the popular south Indian dish. There are many kinds of south Indian recipes one of the major examples of south Indian dishes is Dosa. Masala Dosa is one that has spiced and seasoned potatoes stuffed in it. These crispy crepes are addictive and delicious. It’s not regular food in homes.
In this article, we will Discuss Masala Dosa recipe or How to make masala Dosa with masala dosa aloo stuffing and masala dosa red chutney recipe. Instead of searching for masala dosa near me, you can make it at home with fresh masala dosa aloo stuffing.
Now, Start masala dosa recipe with step by step procedure and also discuss masala dosa aloo stuffing recipe.
Masala Dosa Recipe Ingredients:
- For dosa Mix:
- 1 cup black gram(urad dal)
- 2 tbsp Bengal gram chickpea(chana dal)
- 2 tbsp toor dal
- 3/4 tbsp fenugreek seeds(methi seeds)
- 3 cup of rice flour
- 4 tbsp Bombay Rava(sooji)
- 2 tbsp sugar powder
- 2 tbsp salt or as required
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- For Dosa:
- 2 cup instant dosa mix
- 0.5 cup curd/yogurt sour
- 1.5 cup water or as required
- oil for roasting
- 1 cup aloo bhaji for stuffing
Step By Step Procedure:
- Instant dosa mix recipe:
- Take a large pan dry roast urad dal, chana dal, toor dal, and methi seeds.
- roast them till they turn warm. Then, transfer to a mixer jar and make smooth powder, keep aside.
- Further, dry roast the rice flour and rava
- Now, in a large mixing bowl transfer the roasted rice flour and rava.
- Also, add ground powder to it.
- In addition, add sugar powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Masala Dosa recipe from the instant mix:
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of instant dosa mix.
- Add half cup of sour curd to it and mix well.
- Now add water as required to get a dosa batter consistency.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes before you start preparing dosa.
- Heat the griddle, Pour a ladleful of batter and spread out in a circular motion.
- Add some oil at the top of the dosa.
- Within a few minutes, you see that the edges leave the pan. Flip it and just cook for a minute.
- Flip it back and cook until the base turns golden.
- Place the masala dosa aloo bhaji in one half of the dosa. Then, roll it.
Masala Dosa Aloo Stuffing Recipe
Masala Dosa Aloo Stuffing Ingredients:
- 2 cup potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 0.5 tbsp mustard seeds
- 0.5 tbsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1 tbsp Bengal gram(chana dal)
- 1 pinch asafoetida(hing)
- 3/4 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 cup onion
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 3/4 tbsp turmeric(Haldi)
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp skinned gram dal(urad dal)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Step By Step Procedure of Masala Dosa aloo Stuffing:
- Boil potatoes until just done. Do not overcook them until mashy.
- Heat a pan, add oil. Then saute cumin, mustard, chana dal, and urad dal until it turns golden.
- Add hing and ginger.
- Then add onions, curry leaves, and chilies.
- Fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add crumble potatoes into a pan. Add turmeric, salt, and 2 tbsp water.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes and then add coriander leaves.
Masala Dosa Red Chutney Recipe
Ingredients of Masala Dosa Red Chutney Recipe
- Chana dal – 1/4 cup
- Dry red chilies – 8 or 9 or as per taste
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Garlic – 8
- Small onion/shallots – 4 OR half of a small onion
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1/2 tsp
Step by Step procedure of Masala dosa red chutney recipe
- Take a pan and heat oil and roast chana dal and red chilies on low flame until it turns to a golden brown.
- Now, add garlic, tamarind, and shallots for a while and turn off the flame.
- Now, keep it aside until it cools down and then take a mixer jar and transfer it into the jar.
- Now, add salt and grind it.
- Now grind it into a thick paste and add water as required.
- Now, Masala dosa red chutney recipe is ready to use.