Matar paneer is a paneer recipe and it is the famous dish of Indian vegetarian recipes in Indian dishes and it is simple and easy to bake recipe. This recipe is a restaurant-style but a simple homemade dish. In this article, we will discuss the Matar paneer recipe in the restaurant-style also called Simple Matar paneer ki sabzi at home and make sure you get the answer of How to make Matar paneer, nutrition facts, and nutrition calculator. Here we can make a restaurant or dhaba style matar paneer ki recipe at home.
Benefits Of Mattar Paneer
- Paneer: Paneer is a good source of calcium and proteins which aids in weight loss. Paneer is rich in proteins that get digested slowly and best for diabetes.
- Green Peas: Green sources are a good source of vegetarian proteins and also good for weight loss. Green peas are rich in vitamin K which helps in bone metabolism.
- Matar paneer is high in vitamin C which is a great defense against cold and cough.
- Mattar paneer is rich in VitaminB1 which protects nerves, produces red blood cells and prevents heart diseases.
- Mattar Paneer is rich in calcium which is required for kids to adults to make bones strong.
If you want to calculate the calories of our recipes according to your own serving size and number of servings try this nutrition calculator.
Matar Paneer Ingredients
- For Onion Tomato Paste:
- 3 sliced tomato
- 1 sliced onion
- 1-inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Other Ingredients:
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup peas/ Matar
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi crushed
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 12 cubes paneer or according to your preference
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- a cup of water
- ¼ tsp Matar paneer masala(optional)
step by step procedure of the recipe of Matar Paneer:
- Take a large Kadai or pan, and heat oil and saute onion, garlic cloves, and ginger.
- Now add tomato and saute until it softens.
- Cover and cook it until tomatoes soften or for 10 minutes.
- Cool absolutely and blend to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a large Kadai or pan heat oil and saute bay leaf, cinnamon stick, pods cardamom and cumin.
- Keeping the flame on low and add turmeric powder, chili powder, and besan.
- Roast it on low flame till the spices flip aromatic.
- Now add prepared onion tomato paste and saute it properly.
- Saute continue until the paste thickens and oil separates from it.
- Further, add cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Saute it till spices flip aromatic.
- Now, add water and stir well. Stir until a smooth gravy is attained.
- Add peas/ Matar and stir well.
- Cover it and cook until matar is cooked well or for 10 minutes.
- Now, add paneer and stir gently.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes oil until oil floats.
- Now, add coriander, garam masala, Kasuri methi, and matar paneer butter masala or paneer masala.
- Now Enjoy… Matar paneer with puri, naan, rice or roti.